Here’s a list of 10 easy tips that can come to your rescue! Read on to know more about them.
1. Ice cubes: Before applying anything, massage your face with ice cubes for about 10 minutes as they have the ability to close the open pores. Once this is done, apply organic oil or sunscreen. Doing this will keep acne at bay.
2. Almond Oil: Almond oil can do wonders for your skin. The very first thing that you should do before playing Holi is to apply almond oil on your entire body. Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E. It provides nourishment to the skin and acts as a protective layer between the skin and the colours. Apart from this, it also prevents the colours from sticking to the body.
3. Sunscreen: Due to the constant exposure to the sun, the risk of tanning increases. To avoid tanning, apply waterproof sunscreen moisturizer as it can protect your skin to a great extent.
4. Coconut Oil: It is always better to wash your hair a day before Holi. Later, all you’ve got to do is to apply a layer of coconut oil on your hair and roots as it will prevent it from getting dry and frizzy.
5. Petroleum Jelly: Rather than using those regular lip balms, make sure you use petroleum jelly on your lips as its texture is thick and will work for a longer period of time. Apart from this, you can apply petroleum jelly on neck, back of ears and between fingers too.
6. Nail paints: Protect your nails by applying nail polish as this will give you a protective coat.
8. Lips and Eyes: Don’t wear lenses. In fact completely avoid wearing lenses or glasses. But if you cannot do without glasses, just be careful while applying color. Mostly people are interested in applying surprise colors on your face and the edges of your specs might hurt your face. For lips, apply a lip balm generously.
9. Oiling: Oil your hair with warm coconut oil, castor oil or olive oil. If you have dandruff add 8-10 drops of lemon in your oil and liberally apply the mixture in your hair. Apply oil all over your body, including hands, feet, and elbows. Do the oiling part at least 20-25 minutes before you start.
10. Clothes: Wear clothes that cover your full body.
- First of all, wash all your skin with cold water. Do not use hot or lukewarm water. It takes more time to wash.
- Brush your teeth.
- Do not use a soap or cleanser to wash your skin. Use a homemade scrub mixed with milk and milk cream to wash your body.
- Now, use a herbal shampoo to wash your hair. After washing your hair, use an intensive conditioner or a deep conditioning treatment or you can apply honey on your hair and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Do a hand soak and a foot soak to relax your hands and feet during your bath.
- Remove the lipstick and scrub your lips nicely.
In order to secure your skin and hair from harmful Holi colours, follow these 10 tips and make the most of this lovely festival.