Ginger is well known for being filled with many healthy nutrients and is well known for being helpful in keeping one healthy and develops the ability to fight from various types of diseases. Thus, here are some of the benefits that one may experience from eating ginger on a regular basis.
- Helps in treating colon cancer.
- Provides relieve from morning sickness.
- Relief from heart burn.
- Contains pain killing properties.
- Provides relief from migraine.
- Source of high potassium, magnesium, copper, etc.
- Provide relief from menstrual cramps.
- Helps to reduce kidney damage in diabetes.
- Helps treating nausea, especially the problem caused by morning sickness.
- It also has many anti-inflammatory effects and helps people with osteoarthritis.
- In sweets and alcoholic beverages such as ginger beer and wine.
- Helps in improving brain function and also helps in protecting one from alzheimer’s diseases.
- Helps in lowering the level of cholesterol from the body.
- It works well for lowering the blood sugar level and also helps in improving the risk factor of heart disease.
- Cold and Flu Prevention.
- Fights Common Respiratory Problems.
Best Ways to Use Ginger
There are many forms and ways you can use ginger to benefit for your health. The most common forms of ginger include:
Raw Ginger — You can put raw sliced ginger (the size of your thumb) in a smoothie every morning or use it in making homemade vegetable juice.
Ginger Essential Oil — The most potent form of ginger is ginger essential oil because it contains the highest levels of ginger oil. This is the No. 1 way ginger can be used as medicine. It can be taken internally to treat health conditions or rubbed topically with a carrier oil on an area of pain. Typically, two to three drops of oil is the recommended therapeutic dose.
Ginger Tea — This liquid form of ginger is commonly used to relieve nausea, settle the stomach and relax the body. Have one cup two to three times daily to reduce inflammation. Also, adding a bit of raw honey and lemon to the tea makes it taste great!
Ginger Powder — Using ground ginger powder for cooking is an excellent way to take advantage of this super spice. I use it in making chicken curry, homemade pumpkin pie and a ginger berry smoothie for breakfast. Also, it can be taken in supplement form as a capsule with the recommended dose of 1,000 milligrams daily.