Many people will answer that you cannot achieve those two things without going to the gym. However, this is not the case. You can still develop abs and arm muscles without gym equipment. Having said that, you cannot develop them to such an extent to which you can by going to the gym. Moreover, focus on developing all of your muscles in order to avoid imbalances and injuries.
- Pull-ups. Find a bar that you can use for pull-ups. I am sure there is one near you (in a park etc). You can do different kinds of pull-ups. You can do wide grip pull-ups in order to develop your back and particularly your lats. Perform 4 sets of 10-12 reps. Another way to do pull-ups is to grab the bar with a narrow, underhand grip. This way you shift the emphasis on your biceps. Perform 4 sets of 10-12 reps or until failure.
- Push-ups. They engage your chest, triceps, shoulders, core. If you want to focus on your chest, positon your hands wide. If you want to focus on your triceps, postion your hands narrow. Perfrom 4 sets of 12-15 reps or until failure.
- Dips. Dips are amazing, yet overlooked. To perform them, you just need two paralel bars. Make sure your body doesn’t lean forward in order to focus on your triceps.
- Crunches. Crunches are useful for developing abs and you only need a floor to perform them. Aim for 4 sets of 15-20 reps. You need to squeeze your muscles hard and feel the burn.
- Hanging leg raises. These are amazing for ab development and, of course, you only need a pull-up bar to perform them. Again, focus on contracting and squeezing the muscles hard rather than just going through the motion.
It is a breathing exercise. Barely takes 5–10 mins. Facilitates proper oxygen supply to the brain. this is something a person of every age group should follow and no matter what ur purpose for exercise is, pranayam would definitely benefit.
It also grants u Mental Peace. Which should b our topmost priority.
So following are the basics of pranayam:
- Sheetkari (optional) (much recommended during summers) helps keep ur body temperature cool and quench thirst.
I can’t stress this enough. Nutrition is the building block of fitness success. Nutrition is the most overlooked part of bodybuilding but it is the most important. When you work out, you cause micro tears in your muscles which then need to recover AND grow stronger. How does that happen? It happens when you feed them properly. Follow a nutrition plan, a USEFUL nutrition plan, if you want to see results.
Aim to get 7-9 hours of sleep per night in order to recover properly and grow.
Drink lots and lots of water. People usually ignore this in spite of knowing everything. And prefer A glass of warm water at least per day if possible.
Make small rules for ur ownself, like
- Atleast one fruit per day.
- Not always preferring too much spicy food.
- Compulsion for salads etc.
Follow these tips and I am sure you will see results. However, if you want to grow a lot, I would recommend joining a gym eventually. 🙂